I decided to experiment a bit today with some close up settings. My own garden seemed like the perfect setting. Keeping ISO below 400 to reduce noise, using as low an aperture as the camera would let me with a shutter speed of around 125. It was all hand held and so there is some blur, which is also the pay off for these settings, it seems (without using a tripod). The fact that the sun kept going in and coming out meant I had to keep adjusting settings accordingly.
I then decided to play on the blurred quality to try to create some slightly dreamy images with some bokeh in there where I could. I’m most pleased with the dandelion head in the field, which didn’t need any editing. The rest have been edited a little, the Dicentra edited to add some vibrancy and the white balance was altered.